Venue Rules & Policies
A Brief Review
1. The Rustic Manor 1848 farmhouse is not available for use before or during an event as this remains a private residence for owners Eric & Whitney Shneyder. Nursing mothers will be granted access (upon the host(s) approval) to the barn’s bridal quarters. Privacy can also be found in the barn’s restrooms or hayloft. Photography and videography during events is permitted within the barn and surrounding grounds. The Rustic Manor 1848 farmhouse is not available for use and will remain locked during events.
2. All guests must complete the B&B Reservation Form no later than 14 days before the scheduled event in order to utilize the B&B. No refunds, rain-checks, etc. are offered to clients who fail to meet this deadline or if Rustic Manor 1848 cannot accommodate a B&B stay the night of the event for any reason.
3. Yard games are provided outside during seasonably appropriate temperatures and conditions. Rustic Manor 1848 reserves to right to restrict the use of certain games in inclement conditions that may be hazardous to them games. Games are not permitted to be brought and played inside the barn.
4. Rustic Manor 1848 provided a gas fire pit free of charge to those renting the property for an event. The final decision/approval to use the fire pit is up to the Rustic Manor owners and managers. Use of the fire pit is NOT guaranteed as part of the rental. Circumstances taken into consideration when making a final operational decision include: the number of children in attendance, guest behavior, alcohol consumption levels, weather conditions, and staffing levels.
5. Rustic Manor 1848 staff members are not responsible for catering duties such as setting tables for service, clearing tables of dirty dishware, setting linens, beverage service (including water) or providing ice for meal service. These tasks are the sole responsibility of the contracted caterer. Although Rustic Manor 1848 is happy to assist in times of need, Client(s) are responsible for ensuring that their contracted caterer is appropriately staffed for the number of guests in attendance. Rustic Manor 1848 will issue fees no less than $300.00 to any Client(s) who's caterer does not execute the above services and forces the Rustic Manor 1848 team to step in in order to adhere to the event timeline.
6. All rental items through Vintique Rental are permitted to be left for pick up (by Vintique if previously arranged) at 8:00am the following morning. It is the Client(s) responsibility however, at the conclusion of the event, to package/box and relocate all rental items for easy pick-up in front of the North Wing French doors. This is the only circumstance which items are allowed to be left on-site after the conclusion of an event. Rustic Manor 1848 will issue fees no less than $150.00 to any Client(s) who does not package and relocate these rental items to the designated pick up location inside the barn at the conclusion of the event.
7. Per your contract, Rustic Manor 1848 is a no flame property.
8. Per your contract, no bubbles, glitter or hay bales are permitted inside the barn at any time. Additional cleaning fees will be issued in the event these items are brought and/or used inside.
9. Per your contract, it is not permitted to affix anything to the barn using nails, staples, tape, tacks, etc. Nails have been strategically placed throughout the barn walls for client use. Clients are permitted to wrap, drape, hang and tie around the beams in the main hall using twine, fishing line and/or zip ties. Clients must provide a ladder (12ft) and a sober person to set up and take down immediately following the event any décor within the building.
10. Per your contract, animals are not permitted inside the barn and must be off the grounds at the start of any food service, appetizers included.
1. No Client(s), guest, vendor or other person(s) is permitted to at any time bring alcoholic beverages onto the Rustic Manor 1848 property as this is a violation of Wisconsin Law. All outside beverages will be confiscated immediately. Rustic Manor 1848 reserves the right to not return confiscated beverages. Rustic Manor 1848 reserves the right to issue fees of no less than $50.00 per alcoholic container/can/bottle confiscated to the Client(s) if deemed necessary.
2. Rustic Manor 1848 does allow those attending under the age of 21 years to consume alcohol ONLY if they present a valid ID for themselves and their parent/guardian/spouse also presents a valid ID. Both parties must have valid ID or our bar will not serve them. The underage guest must also sign a release form when they present their ID in order to be served. Rustic Manor 1848 reserves the right to refuse service to any guest at any time for any reason. If a guest provides alcohol to a guest that has been refused served, Rustic Manor 1848 reserves the right to ask both parties to leave the grounds and not be granted reimbursement.
3. No Client(s), guest, vendor, etc. is permitted to at any time bring alcoholic beverages onto the Rustic Manor 1848 property. All outside beverages will be confiscated immediately. Rustic Manor 1848 reserves the right to not return these beverages. Rustic Manor 1848 reserves the right to issue fees of no less than $50.00 per alcoholic container confiscated to the Client(s) if deemed necessary.
4. Any and all coolers brought onto the Rustic Manor 1848 grounds and/or in the barn will be searched for alcohol.
Fees & Payments
1. A vomit cleaning fee of $75.00 per incident (not per person) will be issued to the Client(s) at the conclusion of the event. This includes incidences occurring on the Rustic Manor 1848 shuttle.
2. If you've selected a caterer NOT our our Preferred Catering List, your 10% fee is due no later than 14 days out for your event. Please bring your final catering invoice to your One Month Meeting so our office can bill your accordingly.
3. Unless otherwise reserved, the barn is open for access beginning at 10:00am. An early access fee of $150.00 per hour will be issued to any Client(s) and/or vendors wishing to arrive early. A fee of $75.00 will be issued to any Client(s) and/or vendors arriving 15-30 minutes early. A fee of $150.00 will be issued to any Client(s) and/or vendors arriving 45-60 minutes early.
4. Changes made to bar/beverage invoices within 14 days of the event are subject to a 10% adjustment fee. Rustic Manor 1848 is not responsible for not having specific beverages available due to client beverage adjustments made after 14 day due date. Final order amounts cannot be lowered within 14 days of the event.
5. All late payments will be issued a 5% late fee.
6. In the unlikely event that the event were to be cancelled, a cancellation contact issued to all parties on the original rental agreement will be provided. Upon collecting all signatures, all parties will then be released of further contractual obligations and payments. If this contract is not signed by all parties, those parties will remain under full obligation of the details outlined in the original rental agreement. All deposits and/or payments made to Rustic Manor 1848 are nonrefundable.
Does your vendor have questions about rustic manor 1848?
No problem! Please direct them to our Vendor Portal where all their questions can be addressed. Caterers not on our Preferred Catering List, DJ's that provide up-lighting, rental companies making deliveries, etc. are bound to have questions. We're happy to help guide them through their first time at Rustic Manor 1848. By working together, we'll make sure your day runs smooth and stress free!