When planning your wedding at Rustic Manor 1848, we strongly recommend considering the following:
- Buffet service forces the loss of 3-4 guest tables on the lower level
- It is recommended that events with buffet service that also have more than 32 guests seated in the hayloft be provided a second buffet line for prompt and convenient dinner service. Please speak to your catering team (prior to your event) about this option.
- Hiring a live band requires (on average) a 12' x 12' space for set-up. There are 3 locations available for this use.
1) Centered on the lower level in front of the main sliding barn doors
2) In the north wing where a buffet line is typically set
3) In the hayloft for full dancing and reception while guests continue to relax and socialize on the lower level
A live band is not recommended with 200+ guests at our location.
- Multiple tables, furniture, attractions requires us to sacrifice guest seating. Please keep this in mind when planning your decor and guest invitations.
- We can seat up to 160 guests in the hayloft for an indoor ceremony. Additional guests require a lower level ceremony where the room must then be "flipped" in order to accommodate dinner service. Only 210 chairs can be set on the lower level for seating. Please plan those assisting you with decor set-up accordingly in the event this option applies to you. A full "flip" takes about 45 minutes. Off season weddings & events are limited to 225 or less for reception and only 160 for ceremony.
A birds eye view of the internal layout of the lower level of the barn. We are able to seat up to 250 guests between the main level
and hay loft. We recommend summer events have no more than 250 guests where winter/off-season events have no more than 225-240 to ensure everyone is comfortable.
lower level seating
Our most popular layout. This shows 126 guests seated on the lower level. This is shown with 14 seated at the head table and dinner service would be buffet.
The layout above shows the increasingly popular King's Table (or Royal Table). This layout accommodates 136 guests on the lower level with 16 seated at the head table and buffet dinner service.
A popular option is a mix of rounds and banquets for guest seating. The layout above shows 134 guests seated in the lower level. A traditional buffet for dinner service. An additional 4 guests can be easily accommodated at the large banquet tables.
The layout above shows 130 guests seated on the lower level with a live band set up. Plated or family style service is best for this musical choice. Gifts and escort tables are located in the main entry to provide more room for guest seating in the main hall.
The Hayloft seating
The layout above shows 96 guests seated in the hayloft. Please notice that 8' banquet tables are used for hayloft seating instead of 60" round tables. Some views of the head table below are limited.
The layout above shows 32 seated for dinner along with a social setting for cocktails and room for a photo booth. Views of those seated along the balcony for dinner are perfect for observing the head table.
Our absolute maximum capacity is 275 guests for dinner and reception; including head table.
Although we can fit 275 seated during summer months, we very highly recommend a guest list of 250 or less to ensure all guests are comfortable. Off season weddings & events are limited to 225 or less for reception and only 160 for ceremony.
Your selections for dinner (buffet/plated/family style/stations), choice in a live band or DJ, along with dessert and
other tables for decor will also play large roles in determining your final guest count.
Please keep in mind that buffet, live bands, large DJ set-ups,and multiple tables for desserts, cake,
guest book, and photo booths will take away from guest seating.